What does it take to Replace Siemens Modules?

hgg

Hello all, I need your usual guide and help.

I have applications that use different Siemens S7-300/400 modules. I want to order spare parts for all incase of failure. But it is costly to order each and individual modulers. So i need your advice before i order the spares.When i right click-replace object in the HW configuration, i don't get the options i want to replace with. So
1. can i change CPU315-2DP with CPU317-2PN/DP or other CPUs not listed in the compatible list? If yes, what are the parameters to change?
2.can i change SM 331 AI8*13 bit by SM 331 AI8*14 bit or SM 331 AI8*12 bit? what are the drawbacks?
3. can i change SM with DO with another one with SM Di/DO but leave the DIs unused?
Thank you very much for all your help in advance.