blinking lights

newbie1

I'm new at this, and want to write a simple ladder logic program that will make a light blink on and off for one second intervals when an input switch is turned on. This is to be done using a timer command, but I'm not really sure of how to structure and write it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks much

newbie1 said:
This is to be done using a timer command, but I'm not really sure of how to structure and write it.

It probably does not need to be done with a timer command.

Your best bet would be to include such things as they type of machine you are working on, the brand and model of PLC you are using, what you have done so far, and so on. Vague questions like this one are rarely answered.

Thank, but the point is to do it with a timer. This is just an exercise in programming in ladder logic using the timer function

The point here is for you to try it yourself first and then come here and post what difficulties, if any, you are having. I could come up with a solution in about 30 seconds but nobody here will just give it to you unless you show that you've tried. So, tell us what you've already tried!

Here is one way to do it.
Use ON DELAY timer and OFF delay timer.

---[input]---[/ T2]--[T1 S_ODT 1s]---[T2 S_OFFDT 1s]-----(Light)

With the times values you can set the off and on times.

I hope in the future you can solve this kind of "problems" on your own if you are planning to be a PLC programmer someday ;)

Br

TS