how to configure siemens s7-300 DI/DO

avremail

model;simatic S7-300,315-2AG10-OABO
DIO SIM323 D16/DO16*DC24V,323-1BL00-0AA0

Problems, i have configured the CPU and digital hardware as stated in the help,wrote a simple ladder logic,downloaded, and debugged, every things seems to be working fine with all a simple two switch and single output logic. with all the addresses appropriately addressed and, but i still can get an output with a potentiometer or bulb. please what may i do?

Hello Avremail.

Do I understand that the problem is to get the output to power a light bulb ?
You must supply 24V on the terminals 21 and/or 31.
And you must supply a ground that is shared with the ground of the bulb on the terminals 30 and/or 40.
And the bulb must be rated for 24V of course.
You may look in the manual:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/8859629

hello JesperMP,
i appreciate your suggestions,but i have already done that,seems to be that those addresses are for output,located on my Q4- Q5,i used a +24v dc input with a -ve common with input and bulb, still no output,i even used a potentiometer to check all my output addresses for a dc signal. anymore suggestions ? thanks

With "potentiometer" do you really mean "multi-meter" ?

Anyway, I now reread your post, and are you saying that there is 24V on the inputs, but the output does not change according to your logic ?

If that is the problem, then you can watch the code online with STEP7, and see how the inputs and outputs behave, and what are the conditions to make the outputs change.

You have to write in a more concise way, as it is very hard to understand what it is that you really mean.