Modicon Panelmate 2000 HELP!

lostPLCguy

Hello,

I have some equipment that runs on the Modicon Panelmate 2000's (grayscale) and currently lost one of the PLC units of the panelmate. Upon replacing it I have only two repaired units both of which do not have the program for the machine in them. I pulled the program (.pps) off another machine successfully (I believe) then attempted to upload it to the ones without a program. Both of them have the exact same result... the program downloads says success, then I get a communications error? And I can't do anything, none of the keys work on the pad and the panelmate NEVER gives the option to goto diagnostics or offline mode. When powered on it goes straight to the Transfer Mode and can't travel anywhere outside of there. Any ideas as to what's going on???? Thank you for any help.

Ryan

Those are some pretty old units, and I've forgotten most of what I once knew about them. I'm wondering if you need to download the Modbus communications driver to the Panelmate. In the newer Panelmate Plus units the communications driver is a separate download. I can't remember if that was also true in the older Panelmate Compact units.

Another possibility is that you may need to install a Modbus option to the units before it can run. If I remember correctly, you had to download the Modbus option from a floppy. That may not be the case with the units that are branded as Modicon, but I think it was true for the Eaton/Cutler-Hammer ones.

Got it figured out! Had the wrong model lol. We all make mistakes right.. had a MM-PMA1-300 instead of a MM-PMA2-300, the difference is 20 pages of ability and thus programming conflicts. Thanks for the help though!

Ryan