Winldr help (wktim,wktbl)

Rolls

Hello everyone I am a beginner and am taking on a project utilizing a PlC. I want to turn a light on throughout the year at different times each month. I am using the wktim and wktbl functions, I have good understanding of how the functions work but the special internal relays driving them is unclear to me. The problem is I can only get it to work once I cant get the output to turn on at different times it only works once(I determine this by doing a little test in monitor mode). Now I know the wktim and wktbl are activiated by special internal relays and when I monitor the logic, the first (wktim, wktbl) set works it shuts the special internal relay(for wktim M8125) off then the second (wktim, wktbl)wont work, also there is a '1' under the wktim box that goes to '0' when this occurs.If anyone can gimme some insight on how to make this work or if the problem is unclear let me know, I would really appreciate it, thankyou I have been workin on this for about a week.

some more info.

Hello everyone I am a beginner and am taking on a project utilizing a PlC. I want to turn a light on throughout the year at different times each month. I am using the wktim and wktbl functions, I have good understanding of how the functions work but the special internal relays driving them is unclear to me. The problem is I can only get it to work once I cant get the output to turn on at different times it only works once(I determine this by doing a little test in monitor mode). Now I know the wktim and wktbl are activiated by special internal relays and when I monitor the logic, the first (wktim, wktbl) set works it shuts the special internal relay(for wktim M8125) off then the second (wktim, wktbl)wont work, also there is a '1' under the wktim box that goes to '0' when this occurs.If anyone can gimme some insight on how to make this work or if the problem is unclear let me know, I would really appreciate it, thankyou I have been workin on this for about a week.

Are there any other special internal relays that i can use to run the functions and do the special internal relays correlate to each other at all, I think they must in the case of using wktim and wktbl.

Just to check.... these commands are associated with the IDEC Microsmart Pentra, and require the optional, external, plug-in "clock cartridge" to operate. They are not so much "driven by special internal relays", as they are like "comparison" instructions. They compare the internal clock (which is driven by the clock cartridge) to the times selected by the programmer in the wktim and wktbl instructions. The ACTION (turn on or turn off) is taken upon the output or internal relay that you select (and designate as d1) when you program the instruction.

It isn't clear to me whether that is what you are saying or not.

Not to oversimplify, but a "time" can only occur once. If you turn the "light" ON at a particular time, you must turn it OFF at a DIFFERENT time, then back on at yet another time and so on.

What are you using to trigger the WKTIM instruction? M8125 is used to signal true when the PLC is running, and is not directly associated with the WKTIM function.

Stationmaster

Good answer, Steve.

EDIT: It appears to me that the WKTIM (Week Timer) requires 4 values to be set: Mode (0= disable, 1=add day, 2=skip day), S1 (1 to 64) to designate Day of Week, S2 to designate Start time (Hours & Minutes) and s3 to designate Stop time (Hours & Minutes). These values are compared to the PLC clock, and if they match, an Output D1 is set to 1 or 0.

Internal relays M0 through M1277 can be designated as D1. Special internal relays cannot be designated as D1.

Last edited:
Thanks Lancie, and your answer was very comprehensive as well...... :)

For a beginner ( the OP states that is his level) there are a few things that can be ambiguous.

The "output" of the instruction is not the same as an "output" of the PLC, although it CAN be if you designate "D1" as a "Q".

"D1" as referred to in the instruction indicates "Destination 1", and should not be confused with "Data" registers which also bear the moniker "D" .

In your instruction, "D1" should be an "M" (internal relay) or a "Q" (PLC output).

Stationmaster

Well I think I figures out a better way to do this whole thing. I will use the calr and clkr for the micro3; another thing is I dont have the plc yet. But I think I will get the micro3 I have been reading about these two functions and they seem suitable for the job.
I do have one new question, how does the program loader work to set data registers and do I have to buy this separately?

Also do I have to buy a clock cartridge with the micro3 or does is it integral with the plc??

appreciate the feedback guys been very helpulf.. Thanks

Rolls,

You don't need a programmer to set the values in the D registers, Winldr will let you do that. You WILL need the correct programming cable to connect your PC to the Micro3.

The Micro3 is very old technology.... I haven't done anything with one in at least 10 years, and I don't remember whether the clock is built in or ordered separately. I actually looked around for my Micro3 book and can't seem to find it. I think it's in storage. Maybe you can find a book on Ebay and order IT before you buy the PLC.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Stationmaster