Opening MELSEC Program

Phrog30

I am green on Mitsubishi stuff and was hoping one of you could set me straight. I have a machine with a FX2N(C) PLC and have uploaded the program, of course with no documentation. I have an offline program that is supposed to be current with documentation, but it will not open with the same software I used to upload the program. The offline program has 4 files, .HDR-.NAM-.PRG-.PRM. What does this look like to you? What software can open this? I have GX-Developer-FX. If you guys need more info from me please let me know.

Thanks,
James

These files open with Melsec Medoc 2.41. See this link, post #13 for more info. You will need to download both 2.4 and 2.41 from the link in post #13.
Link:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=17825&highlight=MELSEC

You might zip up the four files then attach them here to a post. Maybe someone would open and repost them in pdf format for you if you are just needing the documentation info.

Last edited:
you should also have a file named body. if you have not replace the nam file in the documented file with the one that you have pulled out of the machine ..this should give you a current pgm with a nam file from the previous version . hope it works for you.

If you have gx developer GPPW you can import medoc files and convert them I have explained in detail on one of my previous replies if you would care to look through them.