HMI won't keep TIME/DATE??

I don't understand why after a power loss, when power is restored, HMI reverts back to 1/1/2004 and 12:00:00PM!!!

Please advise...

Using a KTP1000 Basic PN w/S7-1212C AC/DC/RLY

Steve

Hello!

I don't know why this happens but you can use an UPS to supply the power source.

Best regards!
Venix

Pining for the good old days ?

Usually with PCs and PC-like devices, the real-time clock is maintained by a small battery, usually a "coin cell" like a Duracell 2032. Look for one on the main board, usually in a little cage holder. Four bucks will buy one at any drugstore.

This is how it is with all the new panels that dont have a backup battery on board.
You can have the panel automatically read the time and date off the CPU by means of the Date/Time PLC area pointer. You must use the SFC1 READ_CLK to read the clock into a memory for the panel to read.
NB. I do not know if this functionality is supported by the basic panels.

A tip: Be sure to also have a HMI screen for checking and setting the CPU date and time. You need to use the system function SFC0 SET_CLK.

edit: I didnt realise that you use the new S7-1200 PLC. What I wrote is for S7-300/400. I guess that there are similar system functions, but I dont know for sure.

It is anoying isn't it.

I recently had the same experience after replaceing an old OP25 with a new OP277. Tech Sup said the only way is to fetch it from the PLC but as I was connecting to an S5 Processor... No RTC.

I toyed with the idea of connecting the HMI on the factory Ethernet network and fetching time from a time server but I haven't tried it as the customer did not want his machine connected to the network.

Nick