HART over 1794-IE8H

subjwd

I have a 1794_IE8H Flex I/O module with some Rosemount 3102 Level Transmitters connected. However, I can't see any HART data. Is there something I need to do to enable HART on this module? And if so, how?

I have these same transmitters connected to a 1769sc-IF4IH/A module on a 1769-L35E CompactLogix and I see the Hart data with no issues. However, on the 1769sc-IF4IH/A module the are "Enable Hart Communication" checkboxes for each channel. I don't see anything like that for the 1794-IE8H. The 1794-IE8H is connected to the 1769-L35E PLC via a 1794-AENT module.

Thanks in advance.

Check input range, default is 0 to 20ma. It must be 4 to 20ma. (see picture below)

dataformat.jpg

Last edited:
I have not added a 250 ohm resistor. I'm no longer onsite and I'm trying to troubleshoot remotely. The transmitters are wired as shown in the manual - I think the module takes care of the 250 ohm resistance. I do not have resistors on the 1769-IF4H/A module, but those read fine.

The channels are all set of 4-20mA and I'm reading values. The filter is also set for 2sec (0.5Hz). Any other ideas?

Somebody knows something about this problem

I have the same problem, when i try to send a hart command sometimes works ok, but sometimes no, and the controller only sends zeros for de values that i need, anybody fix this problem?

Long shot:
Somewhere in the manual it says that the Flex I/O module acts as a HART multiplexer.

Other HART muxes use addresses from 1 to X for each HART device, none use HART address zero.

4-20mA conventional HART (without a mux) uses address zero, and that works fine, for multiple devices to all be address zero because a handheld is point-to-point communications with a single HART device.

Could the Flex I/O module be assigning HART addresses (above zero) to each device ?

A handheld will fail to communicate if the address is incorrect.

The handhelds have an address selection for dealing with non-zero addresses.