Siemens Backup Battery

Hello Vignesh;
If you look at the following diagram (from the S7-400 CPU specifications manual), you will see that both the CPU load memory and work memory areas can use RAM with backup batteries.
Now, in your case, you are using a Flash card for your external load memory, so batteries will not be used for backup there. Although the internal load memory (very small, generally 256 kB) will be lost without bacup battery support in case of loss of power.
But work memory only uses RAM modules, so your battery backup is essential. And System memopry also requires battery backup, as youc an see.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

S7-400 RAM Batteries.jpg

Last edited:
It means to backup work memory we need to use backup battery, if we are not using then the program initially we downloaded in external memory will transferred into the CPU and starts.

If in that case the actual program will not deleted but the current running DB, timer, counter values will not lost, so in order to protect we need to use batteries correct???