Problems when indexing ZR in GX IEC

Mayer

Hi!
I´m having some troubles when trying to make index of Z-Registers. I have a Q03UDE CPU with a Q2MEM extra memory card and for the application we need a lot of registers, so I'm using ZR. But when I start making indexes, for example to the HMI, I get really strange values in some of my registers, i have declared som registers as REAL to the HMI and when i do an index on them I get the value 'NAN' in some random registers. I have never seen a value like 'NAN' being written and especially not in a REAL-Format variable. Anyone has a clue what this means?
I'm pretty sure that it has to do with the setting in "PARAMETER->PLC->DEVICE->Indexing setting of ZR-Device" where I can input a value between 0-18. Depending on what I write here, the value 'NAN' gets written in different ZR:s? With some values chosen, some registers gets overwritten by null (''). I have called Beijer support in Sweden on this but there is seriously no one there who even knows what this parameter does! So now I'm turning to the real experts :)
And another thing I came to think of, in Siemens-systems, you can't index registers with 32-bit variables, and at the beginning I used an INT, so I've changed it to a DINT but still the same problem...
Sorry for my bad english, if there is something you don't understand, please let me know and I'll try to explain!

If you can think of anything, please answer!!! Really need to get this working now!

Best regards,
Jonatan

NAN means that the variable is not initialised i.e. it does not contain a valid floating point number.
I have had this on a "Q" where the processor failed & after re-loading the code some memory areas (D) were displaying NAN, I just forced these to 0.0 & worked fine GXIEC is supposed to initialise the variables but this is a bit of a grey area.

NAN means that the variable is not initialised i.e. it does not contain a valid floating point number.
I have had this on a "Q" where the processor failed & after re-loading the code some memory areas (D) were displaying NAN, I just forced these to 0.0 & worked fine GXIEC is supposed to initialise the variables but this is a bit of a grey area.

Thanks for your reply!
I've found the problem, the R-Registers were writing over the ZR. Had to move up the range for the ZR to get rid of it, but now it works! Thanks again for your reply!(y)