S7 Basic and Windows 7/XP Mode

coasterbp

Hey everyone. I'm using Windows 7 in XP Mode, and I've successfully installed S7 Basic (TIA Portal). However, I'm having trouble communicating with my laptop and the PLC (Siemens 1200 series).

I've set up my IP address correctly and when I do an IP config in XP mode, it gives me the correct IP address, but when I try to ping the PLC, I get nothing.

Any other places I should be looking in the settings to get these two to talk to one another?

Thanks!

Brian

if you have a firewall,Have you tried it with it disabled?

I don't use s71200 but does your patch lead need to be crossed or can you use standard.

It needs to be a crossover for laptop to s7 1200 plc direct

I cant quite remember but in TIA there is somewhere like Search network for online plcs (or something sililar) - have you done this ?

The 1200 by default from memory has no ip address just a MAC address which the TIA will pick up on.

Im at home any my TIA stuffs at work so i am going from memory here :)

Yes, I've used both cables. See, the thing is, I can ping it fine under Windows 7. And it sees it. But as soon as I switch to XP mode, even with the same IP address settings, (as far as I can tell) it doesn't see it.

I've tried the "Search for accessible devices" as well. No luck.

Brian

if you goto virtual machines folder in my documents and right click on xp mode and select settings - you can select which network adapters to use, make sure your ethernet card is selected.

LH

Unbelievable. That did it. Now, how do I set up the master/slave statuses for the two 1200 series PLCs I have networked together?

Thanks guys,

Brian