Motor Brake Issue

zai_jnr

Hello buddy,

Just wondering regarding motor hoist function. In this system I have motor using for hoisting process.

Got trouble with hoisting equipment at project site. The motor brake disc damage and broken. That time, hoist motor at up end position. So, the hoist moving down until the floor..I wonder if there have any mechanical lock for safety in motor construction in case there have brake damage?:confused:

Hello buddy,

Just wondering regarding motor hoist function. In this system I have motor using for hoisting process.

Got trouble with hoisting equipment at project site. The motor brake disc damage and broken. That time, hoist motor at up end position. So, the hoist moving down until the floor..I wonder if there have any mechanical lock for safety in motor construction in case there have brake damage?:confused:

Saw this in a shipyard. shaft downstream of brake and motor broke drum kept running in down when block hit drydock floor drum kept running - 1" steel cable all over in crane house.

The only thing I can think of is
1. repair what you have then frequent inspections and keep a set of spares.
2. Put on an additional brake
3 does the drum have a manual brake on it

Dan Bentler

Saw this in a shipyard. shaft downstream of brake and motor broke drum kept running in down when block hit drydock floor drum kept running - 1" steel cable all over in crane house.

The only thing I can think of is
1. repair what you have then frequent inspections and keep a set of spares.
2. Put on an additional brake
3 does the drum have a manual brake on it

Dan Bentler

Thanx Dan for your reply..

May I know in market there have any spec motor that have safety construction in case motor brake problem ?...I'm not familiar in motor spec ordering...