Need pro help

Could someone please help me with a rung or two of logic that would have one input and then would energize one output for one second and then reset the operation. I have an Omron Zen plc

I have tried some different things but nothing seems to be doing what I want. Admittedly I have next to no idea what I am doing when it comes to writing logic yet but I want to learn and just need some basics as to how to get this done.

My situation is this, a box passes in front of a sensor (input) then I need one output to stay energized for one second which will fire an electro/pnuematic valve that will activate an air ram that will lift box to a stapling head to close the box than unerergize the valve and the ram will lower back to the conveyor(the one second output) where the box will clear the sensor and another box will follow and so on. Thanks in advance for anyone kind enough to help me

Last edited:
pb1
0-----[]------------(timer 1 sec)
reset
-----[]---

1 (timer 1 sec)------------(reset)

I'm not shure if this will work. i'm just getting
started with programing and i'm not very good at
it yet but this should give you an idea.

richard

Sorry, the Zen program i posted before printed incorrectly with the pdf generator, please use this one instead...doh!!!! :(

couldn't open your zen program download

Sleepy I tried to open your zen program but had no luck, what do I need to open it. I tried with my zen software, adobe, and notepad, none worked.

Thanks

Industrial Sleepy's file you need a program to UNZIP it. Winzip is a popular program and can be gotten at www.winzip.com.

Have you tried this?
Code:
|    Input 0                            Timer 0   
|----|  |-----+--------------------+-------(  )
|             |                    |
|    T0       |                    |    output 0
|----|  |-----+                    +-------(  )
What I did was make T0 an off delay bit...Once button is pushed timer 0 should start and output come on and T0 provide holding latch for 1 second. After 1 second the rung is false and ready to go again.

Last edited:
industmaintmech I have attached the actual Zen program. Once again use Winzip to unzip the file. The program should run quite happily with the inbuilt simulator that comes with the zen software.... :D :D :D

Note the following extensions are the only ones I can upload hence I used Winzip...

gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg

Sleepy I dont have a ZEN to experiment with...did you test your ladder? What keeps the timer on? If this application required 5 minutes would your timer stay on?

Chavak thanks, I made it use a off delay timer, you have shown a method using an on delay.

Here is how Sleepy Wombat did it

zen.jpg

Yep, I had a bit of a brain spasm :rolleyes: and forgot that the input sensor would be cleared when the arm was extended. chavak got it right. :D

rsdoran
You don't need to physically have to have a zen, the programming software comes with a neat little simulator.
You can download a 30 day trial version of the zen software at http://www.oeiweb.omron.com/TechSupport-Downloads2.shtm

I have used these little fella's on a number of projects and found them to be fantastic. :cool:

Please Send me your e-mail I will send you File for ZEN with out ZIP

Pay attention that you need to use one shot relay/timer to prevent

re operation in case of the photo sensor still "see" the box

in that case you will have two cycles on one box.