Bailer

Liam 28

Hi all I have a question I have been asked to look at a problem with a bailer for making haylage you probabaly already know what haylage is if not its feed for horses.The machine takes in a round bail of straw and shreads the straw extracts dust from the hay the weighs 13kg bags compress the haylage into small cubes about 3ft by 1ft and bags and seals it for sale to customers.The problem is the orginal shreddar was not quick enough for the customer bail would have been weighed and bagged and there would have been a delay of about 10s approx before enough product would reach the weigher for next bag to be weighed and sealed due to the capability of the old shreddar. which meant thaey could have bagged another bag while they were waiting.So my client bought a secound hand shreddar with bigger capacity which decreased the delay between bags but the problem is now the shreddar is to fast and while the 13kg bag is been weighed there is a build up of product on conveyor fedding the weigher so on next bag there is more than 13kg which cause the bag to split or chute to block. The client wants me to speed up the system or slow down conveyor feeding the weigher.There are no VSD on the system only on infeed conveyor where round bail enters the macine.Therefore I was thinking that a analogue valve controlling the rams pressing the haylage into a cube could be increased to speed up the operation of the haylage been compressed which may be enough to stop product building up.

Im new to PLC programming and was looking over the program which came with the machine.The PLC is FX2Nc I was looking at the ramp instruction but am unsure how it works before I start changing settings in program id like to know what im adjusting rather than the "hope for the best approach" I have seen people do in industry with disastrous results.I have looked at the manual but Im still unclear.Oh yeh I cant go back to manufacture as the client is fighting with them over money as they wanted them to replace old bailer as it was not sufficent but they would not so he has no back up service with them and thats where I come in.The instruction is
--------[ramp d150 d152 d156 k60]-----------
d150=ejector door-sp ????
d152=ejector door ramp down value ?????
d156=ejector door ramp down result ?????
K60=?????
Im not sure what is happening with ths instruction.I have attached the manual. Any help would be great.

Im hoping this might work with adjustmentof the rams if not I was thinking of setting a timer once 13kg has been weighed and slow the infeed conveyor at start of system where the round bail enters before the shreddar. What do you guys and girls think.

Back
Top Bottom