rsLogix 500 and VBA

msilka

when we try to start RsLogix 500 on our pc, we receive an error message stating that we need to reinstall VBA.

How can we accomplish this?

Try this as a fix:

1. Hold down the CTRL and SHIFT keys on the keyboard
  2. Double-click on the RSLogix500 icon while still holding the keys
  3. Continue to hold the keys until RSLogix has fully opened
  4. Let go of the keys and then close RSLogix
  5. Re-open RSLogix normally.
This resets the internal "registry" of the RSLogix500 software and may get around this problem.

OG

OG,

Thank you for your prompt response.
When I tried that, I still received the same error.

VBA is not properly installed. Please re-install VBA.

VBA is not part of RSLogix but it is part of Microsoft Office products. Have you recently installed or removed any MS Office software? Maybe your IT dept pushed a patch update to your machine.

Try opening MS Word or Excel and see if they launch an install or cleanup routine.

OG

Ok, I remembered still having my AB forum member id and logged in.
Here is what I found.

The Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 SP5: Run-Time Redistribution Pack ( VBRun60sp5.exe ) is a self-extracting executable file that installs versions of the Microsoft Visual Basic run-time files required by all applications created with Visual Basic 6.0. The files include the fixes shipped with Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 5.

* Version - sp5
* Release Date - 28 Feb 2001
* Estimated Download Size/Time - 1,045 KB / 6min ( @28.8)

The VBRun60sp5.exe self-extracting executable file can be run on:
Operating System - Windows 95 & 98, NT 4.0 & 2000, Windows Me

http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/...f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&displaylang=en

You also need to restart the computer in order for the changes to take effect.

Thank you for your help.