WinCC Flex 2007 to MP377 transfer problem

Chadk1971

Hello,

Currently I am developing a Visu application for an MP377 in WinCC Flex 2007, and I have run into an issue with transferring the project to the HMI. The transfer is via MPI with a 5512 card from a laptop.

Every time I try to do a transfer to the HMI, I get the following error message in the output window:

“The transfer tool could not be found.”
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {5D0CE850-D909-11CF-91FC-00A0C903976F} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
at Siemens.Simatic.HMI.Utah.Transfer.transferService.CreateTransferServer()

The transfer settings of the panel and the PC have been double and triple checked, not sure what I am missing.

I have made succesful transfers of the same project in the past, albeit with a different PC. The laptop I am using has just recently had WinCC Flex 2007 installed, as I had to load my personal laptop with WinCC Flex 2008 for a different project. I can’t find anything about this on the Siemens website, but I have a feeling it may have something to do with a different PC and a fresh load of the WinCC software?

I am very new to the Siemens world, so please forgive me if I left out some important information.

The laptop I am using is loaded with S7 V5.4.3.1 and WinCC Flex 2007 Advanced.

Thank you,

Chad

Whenever I do a fresh load of WinCC Flex I know I usually have to run the repair at least once to get all of the functions working properly.

As far as WinCC 2008 I remember that it wasn't compatible with Windows XP SP3. We had alot of issues with WinCC Flex 2008 and reverted back to 2007. I have a virtual machine installed that I run 2008 on incase I need to save as version back to 2007.

Also if you check the drivers see if any updates or hotfixes.

As far as WinCC 2008 I remember that it wasn't compatible with Windows XP SP3.

Also if you check the drivers see if any updates or hotfixes.

I am using WinCC Flexible 2008 SP1 with my XP SP3 without no problem. The SP1 solved many problem occured with 2008 version.

I think the problem is with your software. You can try to setup WinCC Flexible 2007 again or 2008 SP1.

Hi Chad.

It sounds as something is wonky with your installation.
You can try to reinstall WinCC Flex.

Before you do that, try to download via Ethernet.
Actually, I really do not understand why people bother with MPI or DP on panels that have ethernet onboard.

Mostly we configure HMIs on MPI so I download the HMI without trying to connect an ethernet cable but on the other hand you are right ethernet is a real blessing.

Thanks all, and Happy New Year!

I will reinstall WinnCC Flex and see what happens.

Jesper, Ethernet would be my first choice as well, the only reason that I am not using it is that the HMI panel is mounted in a custom enclosure that is embedded in the machine. The ports are not used and not accessible without the removal of a substantial number of screws.

In the WinCC Flex install folder, there should be a folder named 'Transfer'. In this folder you'll find 2 files and a folder.
Did you check if these files existed? And you have access to it?

They should be named: TransferTool.exe and TransferToolLib.dll

The error you're getting makes me think you're either missing these files or WinCC is looking for them in the wrong place.

I just ran into this issue and it was do to Wincc Flex 2007 being installed with admin rights and the user of the computer didn't have full access so it couldn't find the tool.