Panelbuilder32 upload/download password??

LU716

Does anyone know if it is possible to setup a Panelbuilder32 file so a password is required for upload or download to or from the HMI?

Passwords for screen access is no problem - I'm just trying to prevent someone from getting into my program.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
Personally, I don't like to protect the programs in such a way...but I suspect you have valid reasons for doing it...

It is possible to prevent your program from being uploaded...just uncheck the tickbox for download PB32 application data when you download the file. I am not sure what the exact text is on this checkbox. I think it only appears when you actually perform a download.

Then, you can upload the application but PB32 won't open it...

There is nothing you can do to prevent someone from overwriting the program if they know what they're doing...

You can hide the goto config screen button to make it more difficult, but there are other workarounds for this.

And if you did that in one of my plants and I needed to work on the application, you would NEVER be allowed to do work for me again!

What happenes when you have to replace the Panelview?

Only LU716 (or anyone with access to the original file) will be able to replace the panelview.

Also, you should be able to use a memory card to transfer the application...of course you would need to copy from the existing panelview before it dies...