PanelViewc1000 Recipe Causes Frozen App

sopenco

Okay, here's a problem: I'm running a small app with 10 screens, 300 or so tags and very few graphics. File size is about 120k.

What happens is that whenever I run this app in run or test mode, on the emulator or the actual panel, it freezes and goes unresponsive immediately once loaded. The thing is, it only does this when I have a recipe present.

I've tried deleting parts of the recipe to isolate problem ingredients, clearing out the tag associations altogether and still nothing. I've even tried cutting the recipe down to only about 15 ingredients - still freezes.

If I delete the recipe, it loads fast and runs great. If anyone could help me understand what's going on and or how / where I should be storing these 50 setpoints, I'd be much obliged!

Cheers all and Merry Christmas.

Oh, then it is a Panelview Component?
EDIT: Now I notice the "c" in your original message...
I have no experience with those...

Last edited:
According the a technote in the knowbase at ab.com the (EDIT: recommended) limit for a panelview component recipe is:
1 recipe, (I guess they mean one occurrence of the recipe object)
22 data sets
30 ingredients

(See Answer ID 50663)

There are two pages of results when I search for the word "recipe" under Panelview Component...

Perhaps there are others that apply to your problem...

Paul

EDIT: there is another technote that says you can have 50 ingredients and 50 datasets...gotta love their knowledgebase...

Last edited:
30 ingredients? That's pretty queer since the thing lets me insert up to 50, but the inconsistency doesn't surprise me either. This whole firmware seems a bit buggy to me. Very laggy... I tried cutting my recipe down to well below 30 ingredients and it still froze, but I'll try creating it with less and see if I get any better results. Then, I still have to figure out a way to retain initial values on start without hardcoding them into the logic (which seems like a really gay way of doing it, but if push comes to shove)...

Regardless, thanks a million!!!!

Yeah, I have heard many complaints about the component series being slow. It might be best to do your recipes in the PLC and use the PVc only for selecting the recipe to be used, and (if within the limit of the number of tags) perhaps editing the recipe values.

Paul

We always store and retrieve recipes within the PLC. The display allows for selecting a recipe number, loading or saving to a 'current recipe', displaying the values of the currently used recipe items and provides for modification of the items.

How do I even go about storing a recipe in a MicroLogix processor? Can I assume that's using a mechanism other than the recipe management functionality built into the panelview (which I don't understand why is there if it's useless anyway...)?

Will the MLX 1100 do Indirect addressing? If so create a data file for each in ingredient then use the indirect address to sellect them.

example N7:2 is the recipe on the HMI N7:40 ~ N7:42 are the current ingredients
MOV N10:[N7:2] N7:40
MOV N11:[N7:2] N7:41
MOV N12:[N7:2] N7:42

Last edited:
I'm using a 1400, and yes, it will do indirect, and I guess that's what I'm going to do. It's just frustrating they put recipe management into an HMI only for it to not work at all. Oh well, c'est la vie! Thanks all for the help! You guys are stars!