Configuring Keys in Protool??

NoName

Hello.
I have a S7 635 Op and i want to configure it with Protool.

I'm trying to configure the key F1 on the Op so that it will set the output Q124.0 to 1 (true). I used the Set_bit function here.Is it even possible to set it to 1 or not?And if it is possible can you please tell me how,beacouse I'm obviusly doing it wrong.

Thank you.

Seems you have configured the key correctly (System -> Screen/Keys
->F1 -> Press key -> Set_bit Q124.0

If the output is not set when you press F1 then:
- communication with PLC is not OK
or
- your plc code resets that output

like this

-----]i0.0[---------(q124.0)
if i0.0 is not true then q124.0 is false after this network even if you set it to 1 by pressing F1

AAA so what you're saying is that all the demands have to be met for the output to be set to "1" not just by pressing the F1 button?

What about inputs?Can I set the bit to "1" on inputs?

TNx 4 the help.I'll try all of this tomorow when i get to work.

NoName said:
AAA so what you're saying is that all the demands have to be met for the output to be set to "1" not just by pressing the F1 button?

If you want a 'button' on the OP to directly turn an output on, then the way you have configured it is fine, but do not address that output in the PLC or the PLC logic will 'over-ride' the OP. If the OP F1 button is assigned to the output then it will turn that output on when it is pressed. I would add that I only have experience using TP27 touch screens and that is the way I use a 'button' to directly turn an output on.

But if you want the OP button to turn an output on in addition to certain conditions within the PLC then use a M bit to do this. e.g

Code:
  I0.0     I0.1    Q124.0
---| |------| |---+---( )  
                  |
  M0.0            |
---| |------------+
(F1 Button
  on OP)

Paul

I have a question.I configured the F1 button so that it would set the bit M0.0 to "1".But when I load the program and set the Op to run it gives me this msg:
"Tag M0.0 :Value could not be writen to the PLC?
It does the exact same thing when i try to set Q124.0 to "1".

What is the problem here?Can someone please tell me what is wrong.

Hello!
Is your panel a C7-635?
Is the PLC part running (program running?) ? Does the OP-panel communicate with the PLC part ?
We had problems ones with a same type of panel think it was a C7-621.. the connection to the PLC part was broken and refused to work.
Other times the analog output cards refused to work ~cableing problems inside.
In some panels you have to parametrize the I/O-area in S7 (direct access) if you wan't to access the outputs.

Yes I have an C7-635 panel.

Yes the program is running,beacouse after the transfer it start's on it's own. If the OP-panel is comunicating with the PLC part i don't know.Where is this visible?

So what i have to do is to parametrize the I/O's in the hardware manager or where?How do I do that?

TNX.

Last edited:
I've sorted out the problem now and the key's can be configured and they work.

Thanks for all the help TS,PLucas and nif.