ML1400 High Speed Counter

junior

Is there a way to reduce the sensitivity of the high speed counter on the ML1400? I'm using it to count the number of injections an injector has performed. The injector driver signal is not the cleanest. The injector runs at 100Hz, but since the high speed counter is able to run at 100kHz, it picks up every little spike and counts 10x as many injections. I tried building low pass & high pass filters, but nothing seems to help. Is there any way to filter in the high speed counter setup?

In the I/O configuration for the MicroLogix embedded I/O you can use a simple digital filter. The default filter is 8 ms, I think, but when I'm setting up high speed counters I usually turn it down.

Thanks Ken, I'll try that. For some reason I thought that when u use the HSC function, the input runs at 100kHz.