rslinks DF1 doesnt show panelview550

adx

i have rslinks 2.54 and panelview 550.i want to communicate both using serial cable 2711 NC13.but in rs links i can only see the workstation and not the panelview.when i lick auto configure in the rslinks DF1 driver it give message baut rate and parity not found.i keep baud rate 92000 and parity 1.please help me.
adx

PanelView 500 terminals can use many different protocols.

Post the full part number of your terminal, and a Forum member can tell you what RSLinx Classic driver and configuration are appropriate.

panelview not showing up in rslinks with serial cable

Hi Ken.my panelview terminal part number is
2711-K5A2 PV550 Key, FRN 4.10-4.xx
it is communicating with the plc with DH-485.
i have configured DF1 driver with parity 1 and baud rate 92000.when i browse in the rslinks i dont fine the panelview node.please help.

adx

Hi Ken.my panelview terminal part number is
2711-K5A2 PV550 Key, FRN 4.10-4.xx
it is communicating with the plc with DH-485.
i have configured DF1 driver with parity 1 and baud rate 92000.when i browse in the rslinks i dont fine the panelview node.please help.

adx

You need to use a DH485 driver, not DF1. You can't connect directly to that panelview with your PC comm port. Read the chapter on DH485 in the Panelview standard user manual.

What is your reason for connecting to the panelview?

If you just want to transfer programs, your simplest solution will be to use an ATA style memory card.

Paul

I think you may be able to connect using your cable and configure the 1747 pic/aic driver from linx. Then go to your panelbuilder software and click the pic/aic driver and you should see your panelview. This will give you the option to upload and download to the panelview. Let us know how you get on.

Another things is if you are configuring a 1741 pic/aic driver from linxs, you have to use a real serial port. It will not work on a USB to Serial. It will also not configure properly if you computer is running Windows XP SP3. Just wanted to give you a heads up on things to check if you have problems with the pic/aic driver.