MSG Problem with 1747-SCNR

yang1216

hi,all.
I met a very strange problem, please help me.
We want a CLX to communicate with a SLC through ControlNet. So, I wrote a MSG instruction in the CLX. And I am sure the instruction is right written. But it still failed.
I have called the Rockwell support phone, and the Rockwell guy told me that maybe the 1747-SCNR module cannot support MSG instruction. That is a so eccentric answer. But I still cannot believe that.
Is it true? And why?
Thanks in advance.

The ControlNet implementation in the SLC-500 is unusual.

It works, but the separation of the Scanner, Adapter, and Message functions into three different devices looks strange to a ControlLogix user who is accustomed to the functionality of a 1756-CNB.

To answer the first question: An MSG instruction that you would expect to work from a ControlLogix to an SLC on Ethernet will not work when the target is a 1747-SCNR. It would work as expected if the target was a 1747-KFC15, as baref00t25 described.

The ControlLogix can use Produced/Consumed connections with the 1747-SCNR, which is another complex topic. Or you can use a CIP Generic message to read part of the 1747-SCNR I/O assembly memory.

How much data do you have to transfer ? How fast ? And in which direction ?

Thanks, baref00t25 and Ken.
My boss don't allow me to re config the ControlNet, because the other nodes of the network are still working. So I can't add some Produced/Consumed connections. And the 1747-SCNR I/O assembly memory has expired.
We just need to read six bytes from the SLC. Maybe we have to add a Ethernet module.
Thanks again.