Anyone familiar with IZUMI plc??

liorde

Hello all,

I am very new the PLC programming.
We are learning PLC on the IZUMI plc.
I have a few questions.
Is ladder logic programming a standard in PLC programming?
Is there another way to program PLC's?

Where can I get some basic help, I am quite confused on how this works.

Thank-you !!

yes - ladder logic is a standard method of programming PLCs, although there are differences between the ladder elements used by different manufacturers.

There are other methods of programming PLCs, the IDEC PLCs actually use a mneumonic code, the WindLdr programming software converts ladder logic to mneumonics before downloading to the PLC. Some other PLCs have a built-in 'Basic Language' style of programming for special functions (eg Texas TI505 PLCs).

Some other programming methods include:
Function Block Diagrams
Structured Text
Instruction Lists
- Google some of the above terms to get more information