Siemens s5-115h

mitesh.parmar

We are having the followingproblems in SIEMENS S5-115H (redundant system):
1) both PLCs went into stop mode, when modbus connectivity used for other system
2)after removing the same connetivity,then tried to reset the PLC by toggling RN/ST as per the procedure, we are unable to get the Run status/ flickering of LEDs as it should be.

3)when all communication cables with PLCs removed & only one PLC kept for observation with the other PLC not connected to the first as well as in powered off condition.

4) the first PLC is behaving the same as aforesaid.

our queries areas follows:
1)is there any other option available to make the PLC in run.
2)In PG, if trying to get the backup, we are getting file in this format ??????ST.S5D & not getting the configuration file ??????XR.INI.
3)Is there any option available for getting the ??????XR.INI.
4)how the memory is shared incase of S5-115H 942CPU. what the EPROM is having & what the RAM is having (program file/ config file)
5)PLC without EPROM is tried & found working ok with RUN status. But with EPROM, it is not coming to RUN status.

Please suggest any observation in this regards

Thanks
Mitesh

Have a look at the I & B Stack to detemine the cause of STOP.
Also (if I remember correctly) the XR.INI file is a x-reference file and is generated by the PG/PC, the ST.S5D file is the actual PLC Program.

Dear Moggie ,

Thanks a lot for your valuable help. But , i need your further Help. We have chkd I-stack , which shows the transfer rltd error.

Any way , I want the way out. How to make the PLC to restat . As per procedure , the same is not getting restarted. I want at least a single PLC to be made available in RUN status with Eprom . Thru' PG , can we restart / reset the PLC , by any means.
Also , We find 4kb of data in PLC without Eprom in form of FBs & DBs Shall we delete them or not?

Yes , You are right , the ST.S5D is a Programme. Whereas , The XR.INI is a config file as per our old back-up.

You may reply to my id: [email protected] also.

Any way , thanks lot.

Regards ,

Mitesh Parmar.

Simens SIMANTIC S5-115H

Dear Moggie,
With reference to the conversation with Mr. Mitesh Parmar:

TOTAL 16 BLOCKS showed without EPROM.
PB 5,6,8,9
FB5,6,7,8,9,10,11,15,20,21,240,241,242,243,244,245,246,247,248,249,250,251,252,253.
DB1 & DB2

Regards
Debashree

As far as I remember (had a similar thing going a while ago) you will not be able to run on just one plc without modifications in the existing program. There is coding that is doing the redundancy on both plc's, that has to come out.

As I mentioned, I had something similar, with some luck I got the system running again, still don't know how but anyway...

I adviced the customer to get rid of this setup and upgrade to a newer system, because these cpu's are like hens teeth.

Result... we did the upgrade after the plant crashed a second time and the customer lost a lot more money then it would have been done planned.