RSView ME Trending

Alectrical

Hi
When running a RSView ME Trend display I find that when I move from my Trend Display to another, I loose all previous information and the trend starts afresh when I return, even though I have set up a data log model.
Any Ideas.
Thanks
Alec

And did you set the datalog to start under startup?

Where are you saving the data. If in a memory card the RSView screens are very fussy about what cards work.
The trick is to pull the card after a few minutes and make sure there are 2 files saved xxx.log & xxx.tag I think thats what they are. BTW there is a simple routine you can use to convert these 2 files into csv format for sucking into excel.

Last edited:
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Turns out I was using the default file save for the data log model, once I pointed it to a directory on my c drive everything works fine.
Where do I get the routine for file conversion to excel format.
Thanks Again
Alec

Hi there,

My problem is that I have to trend more than 100 tags wich is the limit of the datalog file on a Factory Talk ME.

I've split the tags in two datalog files, but how can I now start both datalog models on the Startup ??

Best regards,

DCS you have hit the wall
You say 100 tags are the limit and I believe that to be correct,
and you are only able to run one Data log model when using ME in a Panel View Plus

There is an activeX addin that can be used for RSView ME (or FTView ME). Its called DataStorePlus and you can download it from Rockwell. You run this on PC's and it saves it as a CSV file on your local hard drive. Update rate is as low as 1sec with 100 floats. It doesn't display the values in Trend but you can easily create a graph in Excel for it.

Nice thing is that you can have this running and the datalog so thats 200 tags.

There is an activeX addin that can be used for RSView ME (or FTView ME). Its called DataStorePlus and you can download it from Rockwell. You run this on PC's and it saves it as a CSV file on your local hard drive. Update rate is as low as 1sec with 100 floats. It doesn't display the values in Trend but you can easily create a graph in Excel for it.

Nice thing is that you can have this running and the datalog so thats 200 tags.

Thanks for this answer, but the aplication is running on a TP and not on a PC, so can't use it. I have to display it on the TP and with a trend display.

Can't believe that is no possible to trend more that 100 tags with this software !!!!