S7 312 program lost after power failure

Thim

Hello folks,

First of all a happy new year.

I have a question, about a S7 312 5AC00 0AB0.
Everything works ok but when the power is lost or shutdown the downloaded program is lost.
I know simulair questions has been asked before but i don't seem to find it back.
Someone knows how i can download the program so it stays in the PLC when power is lost.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello folks,

First of all a happy new year.

I have a question, about a S7 312 5AC00 0AB0.
Everything works ok but when the power is lost or shutdown the downloaded program is lost.
I know simulair questions has been asked before but i don't seem to find it back.
Someone knows how i can download the program so it stays in the PLC when power is lost.

Thanks

The memory is a little different on those cpu's.

Have you done a "ram to rom" ?? from Step7

SIMATIC S7-300 CPUs and SIMATIC C7 devices with built-in RAM and EPROM as load memory In the case of CPU modules that have a built-in EPROM you can use the "Copy RAM to ROM..." function to copy the content of the internal RAM load memory to the built-in EPROM load memory so as not to lose data in the case of power failure without battery or overall reset. In the case of SIMATIC S7-300 CPUs or C7 devices with internal EPROM as load memory the code and data blocks are written from the RAM load memory to the EPROM load memory.

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/24168030

Last edited:
Thx
No i didn't tried it yet, i will give it a try.
I think it will do the trick because was just reading the same stuff in another S7 Manual :)