SEW Movidrive B & Siemens S7 300

oraguirre

Hi everyone!

I'm just installing a SEW MOVIDRIVE B to be controled by a Siemens S7 300 using an ethernet (profinet) network.

The hole network is set up, I can see all the devices on the network and plc is running without faults... but after that I completely lost...

I just wanted to send data through the network to control the servo drive.

I've already read all the documentation from siemens ans sew and it doesn't help me too much....

Anybody have integrated those devices before?

Cheers!

Orlando

check the communication (Profinet) field bus.
Do you used any PROFIsafe interfaces in that ,then check that also.

SEW should have example projects for this.
I have found the Profibus project for drive control and the one for parameter exchange.

Depending on the SEW application selection, chosen in Movitools, you have either 3 Datawords or 6 that can be transferred to the drive. Do note that the HW config in S7 needs to match the chosen application, 3 or 6 DW. Adding Param doesn't matter but also isn't needed if you use the selectable application modules.
Profibus uses SFC14 and 15, consistent read and write to DP. not sure what the Profinet equivalent is.

First word is always Control/Status word, you have 3 types, explanation can be found in the manual.
The following words depend on the configuration. Either its Target position and speed, or Target pos high word, target pos low word (both make up a doubleword), positioning speed, ramp up, ramp down.

If you have one of the newer S7-300, which can read/write above PI/PQ 256, you can just do:

Code:
L PIW 256
T #wStatusDriveB
L PIW 258
T #iActPos
L PIW 260
T #iActSpeed

L #wContrlDriveB
T PQW 256
L #iTargetPos
T PQW 258
L #iTargetSpeed
T PQW 260
If however you want to use IPOS positioning, ie writing your own application, it's going to take a more thorough understanding of how the comms work.

In any case, try to get the IPOSplus Positioning and Sequence Control Manual. (FE310000) It'll be invaluable help in using the Movidrive B for positioning.

Hi everyone

I made my S7 program to control a MDX61B and this works fine. i use 6 words in S7 hardware, 3 for IW and 3 for QW. is not complete finished, but i can send it anybody wants. My problem is, i want to read a parameter in the drive, to made a perfect speed control, but i read the manual, try a lot of things and nothing works. if anybody knows or have any idea to do this send me a help! Thanks!

Sorry my bad english, i'm a brazilian technician!!!

Hi.

We use the MDX61B in both positioning and normal speed control, if you are using speed control i can send you a sample of the PLC program (the positioning is a larger file). You also have to set the drive up to match the PD's you are sending, up in parameters 8-- (much easier if you use SEW's motion studio or Movitools).

Hello

Now i'm using only for speed control. in future i would like to use in positioning systems. My program and tests i made in a laboratory in my company. to learn. if you can, send me a examples to made a reading/writing parameters. I configure in S7 hardware 6 words for control and others for parameters. But i dont know how to use this words to manage the parameters. My email is [email protected]. If you want i can send you my program.

Thanks

Jorge

Thanks Jeebs...

I think in a short time i will made this work. I take a look in the sample project and find the first problem. My CPU not have the SFB52/53. Now a have to check how i will solve this. My CPU is a 315 2DP 2AF03. If you have any idea...

Since there is a maximum of 6 words in and 6 words out, I feel it going overboard using SFB 52/53 or even SFC 58/59.

We are using SFC 14/15 Consistant read/write of data.

thanks to everyone who helped me... especially Jeebs...

my program works nice... good to know that I can get help here...

When anybody needs something i will be happy to help...

Jorge

Hi Jeebs & everyone,

Please i need your help.
I am finding it hard to actually understand the purpose of IPOS.

I have read some SEW and S7 manuals on how to send speed setpoint to SEW inverter through process words(control & Status Words).

But when do i actually need IPOS.
I read a few manuals on IPOS and there they mentioned procedures like reference travel. I seem to have an idea how to perform the reference travel.
It is explained there that the purpose of reference travel if to make the SEW inverter/motor locate the machine zero position.

But after the reference travel, can i just send position and speed reference through the PLC to the inveter ?

Does the inverter use IPOS program to get to the target position?

Please explain to me more?
Thanks