S7 400 and ethernet problem

ggchavhan

Hi

I am facing problem in configuration of my laptop ethernet port in PG/PC interface. It is show ind deactiveted

attachment.php

When I checked in Device Manager It was showing OK

attachment.php

Again in Simatic Configuration Console it is showing deactivated

attachment.php

Can any body tell what would be cause? and how to rectify this.
Please help

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/attachment.php?attachmentid=12437&stc=1&d=1262782726

PG PC1.GIF Device Manager1.GIF Configuration Console1.GIF

In the Device Manager, there is a device with a yellow question mark.
Something is messed up on your laptop, possibly some devices are conflicting with each other. You have to sort that out.

Before you can get to setting up the PG/PC Interface and Configuration Console, the ethernet card must work properly. And you must be able to ping the PLC from the PC.

Thanks JesperMP
I forget to inform that my laptop is having two OS boot option. I am indoubt whether it could be the problem?

I dont think so.
Simply put, resolve the problems in the device manager - then check that you can ping the PLC - then set the ethernet card in Set PG/PC Interface.