FactoryTalk View SE "events"

macgioo2

Hi Guys,

I have a problem using an event.

From a button on screen I can toggle a bit = 1.

Based on this expression I trigger the action (macro: changing the display) in my event.

However it is not working and I'm seeing an error in the diagnostic list saying "Display cannot be launched in development environment" even though I'm in se_client when this happens!

Any ideas?

It sounds like you are using the Event Detector, which is a service that runs on the HMI Server.

The Event Detector cannot execute a command on a client (whether it is remote or local), including the "Display" command.

There is a VBA workaround for executing commands on a remote client using the event detector, described in RA Knowledgebase Answer ID # 22007.

The most common mechanism for changing displays is an ordinary Button whose Release Action includes the "Display" command.

Is there a specific reason you are trying to change displays using the Event Detector instead of an ordinary button command ?

its a long story but basically i'm loading a display with a parameter file and macro using the start up field for the display

i have 3 other buttons which load different pf's and macro for the same display but get over written because of whats in the start up field i wanted to use and event to trigger this instead