email test

jwfrisch

Any ideas on how I could force an email message from a Red Lion G308 unit remotley? I don't want to toggle a bit within the plc code or force an alarm that will disrupt the process. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Any ideas on how I could force an email message from a Red Lion G308 unit remotley? I don't want to toggle a bit within the plc code or force an alarm that will disrupt the process. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

You can use an internal tag and configure an alarm in the G3 that won't affect the logic. That tag can then send an email.

There is also a SendMail function that you could attach to a button. Sendmail(1,"Test Subject Line", "Test Body Text") where 1 (or other number) is the recipient's index in the database's address book.