Simatic s5-010 plc

Clarence

Hi. We have a Siemens Simatic s5-010 plc on a lathe which was not used for some time. The battery may have been dead long enough to lose something on the eprom. Can anyone tell us how to get the program out of or into this plc. It is a 1981 (old)unit but we do have the program documentation. Thanks, Clarence.

We have a Siemens Simatic s5-010 plc on a lathe which was not used for some time.
Never heard of that type of Siemens S5. Are you sure it isn't an S5-100U?
The battery may have been dead long enough to lose something on the eprom.
EPROM doen't need a battery to retain its programming. The battery is only used to retain the programming in the RAM memory.
Can anyone tell us how to get the program out of or into this plc. It is a 1981 (old)unit but we do have the program documentation.
If you have the program documentation on paper, then I suggest you start typing in the program using the STEP 5 programming software or an alternative (search the site for e.g. IBH Softecs S5 for Windows). If you have it on disk, then I think you have the source file and can simply transfer the soft to the PLC using the same abovementioned programming software.

Kind regards,

Hi. Thanks for your responses. Yes it is a S5-010. If you check Siemens online it is lited as well. The "Failure output - 0C.4" is flashing on and off, and the digital readout is at 5.5. I'm not sure what this indicates. Thanks, Clarence.