S5 Timers count up or down?

Brownhat

So I'm working on converting an S5 program to a CompactLogix. The S5 program uses alot of compares on timer values. While the timer is active, does the timer value count up, or count down? The processor was a S5-115U, if that makes a difference. Thanks.

timer.jpg

So I'm working on converting an S5 program to a CompactLogix. The S5 program uses alot of compares on timer values. While the timer is active, does the timer value count up, or count down? The processor was a S5-115U, if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Also timers come in three resolutions.
0.1s
1s
10s
with a maximum preset of 999

Also timers come in three resolutions.
0.1s
1s
10s
with a maximum preset of 999
No, they come in FOUR resolutions: 0.01s, 0.1s, 1s and 10s. Comparing a timervalue as shown in the picture from the OP only compares the three digits to a given number, but doesn't take care of the timebase.

Kind regards,

Okay, so I'll have to emulate a count down using (.PRE - .ACC). Now, when the S5 timer is inactive, is the timer value at the preset, or at zero?

If the timer has not been started or has timed out, a value of zero will be read.

If the timer has been started but is stopped before it times out, the time remaining to zero when it was stopped will be read.

t4.gif

Last edited: