MP270 work instructions on HMI

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
My new project is to get work instructions on the HMI.
I am using a MP270.
I have Pocket internet explorer installed on it.
I have the files saved as .HTMl
And it will work if I read the files from a compact flash, they will display on the HMI.

My problem is when I try to read from an external PC.
Has anyone done this.

I have read 2 different siemens step by step documents. One saying it will work with this setup and another saying it will not.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you set up the users & authorizations under Windows? Are you sure both PC and panel are on the same network (IP addresses)? Do they see each other under "Network" ? Maybe Windows isn't letting the panel in because of that.

I can download via ethernet.
I can ping the panel.
I'm not sure I know what you mean by users and authorizations on windows.

I'm not sure where you mean to look by:
Do they see each other under "Network" ?

I can ping the panel by IP address or by name?

I can download via ethernet.
I can ping the panel.
I'm not sure I know what you mean by users and authorizations on windows.

I'm not sure where you mean to look by:
Do they see each other under "Network" ?

I can ping the panel by IP address or by name?

If you can ping the panel then they are on the same network, but you have to be able to do it both with name and with IP.

Here is what you should do. Check if there is something missing.
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/es/13336639

Yeah, that is where I started but it doesn't seem to work. I have gone thru the setup multiple times (per that guide)but seem to be missing something.

Is there anyway to test from the HMI side to see if it sees the computer or folder being shared?

I am not sure if there is a way to see the folder from the panel.

I'm running out of options here, but try this:
- On the Windows PC, create a workgroup or domain for the network you have. I believe you should see the Panel in there (just like you should see any other PC within the same workgroup).
- On the panel, go to Network > Identification tab, and then enter the same Username, Password and Domain you have on your PC.

Greetings.

I can ping from my computer to the HMI by address and name resolution.

From the HMI to my computer I can ping by adress but NOT by name resolution.

If the alarm log requires name resolution I would figure I could ping it.

Is there something that needs to be setup in the HMI for name resolution?

Is the function for logging giving an error in Runtime? I think the address for the logging should be something like //Name_of_PC//Name_of_Shared_folder.

I'm not sure if the panel needs to "see" the PC with name resolution.

I had to hook up another PC that IT hasn't played with yet to be able to ping in both directions by name resolution.

So thus far.
Can ping both directions by IP or NAME.
Can log alarms to compact flash.

I finally got a log from the flash working and I notice it has an Alarm 180000 Component CFwMsgView: data version 015 not supported.

Not a big help so far.