How to disable Autorun in PanelView Plus 1000?

tyrus13

Everytime I download the Application from my computer to PanelView Plus 100, and loaded it, the Application runs automatically.

I inherited this Application from another person and I've googled and browse through the manual and I can't seem to figure out how to disable the Application the Auto run function.

Can someone please tell me how to disable Auto Run?

Thank you!

when the application was first created there should have been a shutdown button within one of the application screens, this then reboots the HMI but doesn't actually run the application, it lets you setup the panelview, load programs, copy to and from external sources, config comms etc etc. and from then you can run the program once you have achieved what you set out to do.

what exactly are you planning on doing then maybe i can advice more?

or do you want to be able to not autorun the program everytime it boots up?

Rob

Dont know if I am remembering correctly I am not at my desk, but isnt there a slection when your downloading it from your computer to auto run the project once installed.

i think you may be right iggy, i too am not at my desk, i will have a look tommorrow at work and post what i find

Rob

That's right, in the transfer utility, there is a check box for "Run application at start-up". If you un-check the box, the PV will boot up and go to configuration menu.

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. But that's not the problem I'm experiencing.

After I run the application, and the initial display is on screen, the cycle that is on screen START automatically without waiting for my input. The pumps and valves start running, and since they're not connected to the equipment yet, I get tons of error messages.

How do I prevent this from happening?

Thanks again.

Sounds like you may need to get into the PV project design. A Startup Macro that is assigned to that screen could be executing or PBs are automatically restoring their written values to PLC memory (or something similar). Sounds like its creating a dangerous condition.

Okay, let's clarify some more things...

What kind of PLC is this Panelview Plus connected to?

What is the communication method?

Are you leaving the PLC running while downloading the PV+?

Can you post the apa file and the PLC program (zip them and attach to post if possible)?

What kind of PLC is this Panelview Plus connected to?
SLC 5/05

What is the communication method?
Ethernet

Are you leaving the PLC running while downloading the PV+?
Yes

Can you post the apa file and the PLC program (zip them and attach to post if possible)?
Unfortunately I won't be able to do that as the system design is proprietary information.

Does the Panelview store the screen number its on to the PLC and if so, is there any PLC logic that does things when specific screens are displayed?
By "screen number" do you mean the graphic displays? If yes then no, the PanelView doesn't store the graphic displays on the PLC. And the PLC logic doesn't do anything when a specific display is displayed. The PLC only does something when it gets a signal from the PanelView (open this valve, start this cycle, etc). EXCEPT that as soon as my application is loaded and ran on the PanelView, the cycle starts automatically and I'm getting error messages. This is not supposed to happen.

Does the Panelview store the screen number its on to the PLC and if so, is there any PLC logic that does things when specific screens are displayed?
By "screen number" do you mean the graphic displays? If yes then no, the PanelView doesn't store the graphic displays on the PLC. And the PLC logic doesn't do anything when a specific display is displayed. The PLC only does something when it gets a signal from the PanelView (open this valve, start this cycle, etc). EXCEPT that as soon as my application is loaded and ran on the PanelView, the cycle starts automatically and I'm getting error messages. This is not supposed to happen.

No, I'm referring to the PV+ option of whenever the display changes, the PV+ will store the new screen number in a designated SLC memory location. Optionally, it can work the other way where the PV+ monitors a SLC memory location for a "change screen to #"; it allows the SLC to control what screen is displayed.

You're going to have to get your eyes on the SLC logic that performs these unwanted functions to see what is triggering them if you can't post the source code.

Unfortunately I won't be able to do that as the system design is proprietary information.

This comment has arisen a few times lately, IMO, it is quite hard to establish what the system is doing without knowing the mechanical config, depending on the system of course.
Why not strip the PV+ app & PLC files down to where you think the problem is happening, and post that. That way, more intelligible help can be given.

EXCEPT that as soon as my application is loaded and ran on the PanelView, the cycle starts automatically and I'm getting error messages. This is not supposed to happen.

I am not sure if everyone completely understands this just yet, do you mean the process in the PLC starts automatically? If so, can you isolate the permissive rung, and see if you an isolate the issue that way? That is where I would be starting.

It definitely sounds like a very dangerous condition, and that the PLC code maybe is not as robust as it needs to be....

Hi,
I once experienced a problem with a "Maintained" type of push button (Stop ) on a PV+ screen that caused the system to stop every time I downloaded to the panelview. Once I figured out what was going on I changed the stop button to a momentary type & reprogrammed the PLC accordingly. This was on a RIO communication unit though. Are you using a maintained type of button for the "Start"? If you are, consider if the problem you have may be caused by this bit (tag) being toggled from off to on briefly when the panel view first begins to update the tags.

BD