TT、TN、ITsystem full-spelled

yangguang04 said:
No one can answer ?
Not while they're asleep.

This is also not directly a PLC related topic, it is power distribution. Where I work other people deal with power distribution. I only take care of the automation trainings. A coworker in another building, some 15 km away, deals with power distribution training.

So be a little patient, someone is going to answer your question. Or use Google.

Regards,

Try this link to Wiki to see if it answers your question

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthing_system

TN-C-S System is what is usually used with only special case exceptions in NewZealand and Australia but we call it MEN , short for Multiple Earth Neutral System.

Outside of the America's the variations of the TN systems are dominant,
I would not like to guess the America's as they don't seem to have one standard that is mainly followed.

Last edited:
to jvdcande: I apologize for my impatience,I did use Google to do it,but many explanations tell me they meaning .I just would like to know what words are that abbreviated to TN TT IT
to Gil47:thank you for your site,it is of great use to me

Hope this of some help i have attached what they mean and some diagrams .These are the systems we use in Ireland not sure what your code states.

Liam

If it still is not clear this is lifted from the Wiki Article I refered to in previous post.

The way I read it, it would make
(Latin: terra) is EARTH or Ground

TT = terra terra
TN = terra neutral
TI = terra isolation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthing_system

IEC terminology

International standard IEC 60364 distinguishes three families of earthing arrangements, using the two-letter codes TN, TT, and IT.
The first letter indicates the connection between earth and the power-supply equipment (generator or transformer):
T : direct connection of a point with earth (Latin: terra);
I : no point is connected with earth (isolation), except perhaps via a high impedance.
The second letter indicates the connection between earth and the electrical device being supplied:
T : direct connection of a point with earth
N : direct connection to neutral at the origin of installation, which is connected to the earth

Last edited: