rslogix 500 5.00

GGH

hello all

I'm trying to istall rs logix 5.00 on my windows xp pro sp2 system and i get this. This product requires service pack 4 on windows nt4.0 system. I have installed this before on my system with no problems my old windows crashed on me and i had to install windows xp pro and I'm getting this problem any Ideas.

thanks

Version 5.00 of RSLogix 500 was released before Windows XP was so it does not recognize or support any revision of the Windows XP operating system.

Ideally, you'll want to install the current version of RSLogix 500 (I think it's 8.10 now) on Windows XP Service Pack 2.

The current release of RSLogix 500 will give you support for all the A-B controllers and firmware features that have been released in the past 9 years or so.

[Edit: HA! Double baby Stewie avatars !]

Ken Roach has the best solution, but if you must use the older software, try creating a second partition on the computer hard-drive. Next, install Windows NT on it. Then you should be able to use the 5.0 software.

Last edited: