Wincc Flexible Scripts *.csv

Villan

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this.

I have managed, using scripts, to export data in a .csv file. The problem I have is that when I open the csv file with Excel the floating point Tags are are split. The Integer part is displayed in one cell and the fraction is in the next cell.

Am I missing something fundamental about csv files or am I using the wrong instruction to write the floating point to the csv.

Please Help.

Thanks

I think it may be something with the comma delimited option for Excel. For example, if it's configured to use the "." as the delimiting character, it will think it is a different column, therefore you will have the integer in one and the decimals in the other.

In this case the decimal separator should be a "," so it won't split the value in two columns.

Thank You

Cheers, Fariam.

You have identified the problem. I had not realized that the decimal separator in the .csv was a comma.

I will try to change the way the WinCC Flex generates the .csv to use a "." not a comma.

Thanks again.:)

Excel and many other Windows programs follows what is set in Regional Settings under the Windows Control Panel. The characters for the decimal separator and list separator are set there. If not, you have to specify these manually when you open the CSV file in Excel.
It is a source of much frustration, as the separators change according to the active user, and the language for that user.

Too Right

Thanks, Jesper.

"A source of much frustration!" -You hit the nail on the head there.

All working now. I thought it was something wrong with my WinCC Script, so I spent too much time looking in the wrong place!

Cheers for the help.