Citect Genie Limitations

deca

When assigning Arguments to to the Asspopup">>>" to call a super genie I notice the touch up and down inputs have a limit on the number of characters you can type. This is limiting the number of tags I can link, I'm using the AssVarTags">>>" to assign after the first 8 tags but have run out of typing room.

I tried writing a cicode function to attack strings and use the tag read write, write was ok, but the read didn't seem to have a way of controlling the refresh rate and was not updating. I put a button to see if the value was being read ok and it was. so Figure it is a super genie thing.

Any suggestions on how to get round this would be appreciated.

When assigning Arguments to to the Asspopup">>>" to call a super genie I notice the touch up and down inputs have a limit on the number of characters you can type. This is limiting the number of tags I can link, I'm using the AssVarTags">>>" to assign after the first 8 tags but have run out of typing room.

I tried writing a cicode function to attack strings and use the tag read write, write was ok, but the read didn't seem to have a way of controlling the refresh rate and was not updating. I put a button to see if the value was being read ok and it was. so Figure it is a super genie thing.

Any suggestions on how to get round this would be appreciated.

im sorry , i dont understand your problem. What is this 'run out of typing room' problem? There is no limit on the amount of code on a single line that i know of. You can even put code on multiple lines as long as you only put the semi-colon at the end of the code line.

use the "touch up and down inputs" to call a function, then in the function you have no limits ..
eg. Use "up" to call "MySupergenie()" , if all the tags that you intend to use share part of their name you can include this in the function call like MySupergenie("DEVICE") then write your function in a cicode library file
FUNCTION
MySupergenie(STRING sTag)

AssvarTags(-2,0,sTag+"START",sTag+"START",,,,,,,)

WinNewAt(..)

This would make the first association to a tag called "DEVICESTART" and the second to "DEVICESTOP".