DH+ Max baud rates

Cmaas73

I have a PV900 connected to a 5/04 via DH+. The config has settings of 57,115, and 230k. I have a run of about 50 feet of shielded cable (not blue hose). I currently am running at 57k. Is it safe to bump it up to 230k without any issues?

I'm used to PV plus on ethernet so any way to speed up the downloads on DH+ would be great.

Can you "safely" try it at the higher baud rate? What have you got to lose (if you can try it when production is not running)?

I believe that 57k is the default setting for DH+ (You will have to change it at both PLC & PV - but you probably knew that already)

Is there anything else on the DH+ network?

If you only have 2 nodes on 50 ft of cable it should be fairly fast any way maybe the lack of blue hose and terminating resistors are what causing slow speeds

The terminating resistor are different for the 2 baud rates
Your screen cable, if it is not blue hose, still needs to be only two core and screened and resonably similar.

the biggest decider on speed for DH+ is the number of nodes on the network 10 or more can slow down quite quickly dependent on traffic being passed