PB 32 Alarm List Problems

The Plc Kid

I have a press that has a pv 1000 standard connected to a slc 5/04 via RIO and when an alarm should be triggered in the plc i am getting the wrong alarm. Example in the plc a condition called psi plate activates an alarm the alarm bit is N253:3/11 and that alarm message is psi plate. But what happens is when N253:3/11 is active the next alarm in the list activates not psi plate. The alarm list is giving the alarm text for next alarm message instead of the one that is active. Anyone seen this?

Panelview is a 2711-T10C1 ser F FRN 4.46 and processor is 1747-L543 series c Os 401 FRN 10 or higher ( can't pull the processor to see the sticker )

Yes, if using a bit to trigger an alarm make sure the Value/Bit ( offset)Under Alarm Messages is set to zero. See picture below.

ValueBit.jpg

Mickey

All mine are set to 1 but this has been working for years. How would it have changes there are 39 alarm messages total?

Why should it be zero? I thought when the bit is high/ 1 that the alarm text should be active?

Can you help me understand why this has to be set to zero?

If you are using a bit to trigger an alarm that setting is an offset value
it will cause the problem you are having. Change it to zero. If it does not work you can always change it back. See PDF below

More on the above feature. It allows you to program
one alarm tag for up to 256 alarm messages. Depending on the offset value.
For example if I create alarm tag “Engine Group 1”
and assign it bit B3:0/0, then assign alarm message 1 with a value of 0 in the value/bit field the alarm summary will display its massage. If I create another alarm message 2 and set the value/bit field to 1 then when bit B3:0/1 is set to one the message in that alarm message will be displayed in the alarm summary.

With this feature you don’t have to type in a different alarm tag for each alarm. You still have to type in different alarm messages though.

In your case you have programmed a different alarm tag for each alarm and its own messsage, so the value/Bit field needs to be 0.

Last edited: