new counter set point

VJTX

I have a micrologix 1100 and 2711CT63 Panelview. I need to know in the plc program when the setpoint on a counter is changed on the OI. Is a compare the best way to do it?

I'm new to the panelview. I will check out what you said:
just use a MOV triggered by the event tag of your panelview

thanks.

Ok. If you get stuck, there are many people here that can help.

Just give a good description of what you are trying to accomplish.

There is no such thing as too much information when it comes to explaining this stuff.

Ok. I have re-read your original post and it looks different to me now. The first time was a quick "just-after-lunch" read and I may have had bologna on the brain!

You asked: "I need to know in the plc program when the setpoint on a counter is changed on the OI"

So, you need to know "when" the setpoint changes, not "how to change" the setpoint.

Therefore, my original post probably threw you off, sorry.

Back to original problem....

Let's state the goal: Display on the Operator Interface when the set point of the counter is changed.

My questions to you:
1. What set point are you looking at? ACC total or DN value?
2. What changes the counter? Operator, automatic, changeover, etc...
3. How do you want to display the change? Indicator light, text block, alarm, etc...

Like I said before, a quick paragraph on where you are now, and where you want to be at the end helps a lot.

ok, lets say I have a counter in the plc that counts pieces put into a bin. The operator can change the preset from the OI screen. I need a bit set in the plc that says that a new preset has been entered.

The value you want to monitor is the counter preset, correct?

If that address is written directly by the Panelview, then use this:

That will only be true for one scan. You might want to latch it and have the operator acknowledge the change. And reset the change bit.

Yes, its a oneshot, and the MOV is upside down...it would effectively prevent the couner from being changed...The last instruction should be MOV C5:0.pre N7:99...