....latching? pls help

sheryl86_ann

Greetings!

May I ask some help regarding this condition: I am currently involve in PLC programming of a certain machine. One thing that needs to be modified is this one:

When the machine is at automatic operation and was suddenly stop, after ON again to automatic operation, it must continue to finish its 1 whole cycle NOT to start again to its 1st step during start up because theres a tendency that a certain product will just be wasted.

I am thinking about latching but how would I do it. I am still very fresh on this programming matter. Can anyone suggest? Any help? I am using Mitsubishi FX3u-80mt plc.

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

sheryl

Greetings!

May I ask some help regarding this condition: I am currently involve in PLC programming of a certain machine. One thing that needs to be modified is this one:

When the machine is at automatic operation and was suddenly stop, after ON again to automatic operation, it must continue to finish its 1 whole cycle NOT to start again to its 1st step during start up because theres a tendency that a certain product will just be wasted.

I am thinking about latching but how would I do it. I am still very fresh on this programming matter. Can anyone suggest? Any help? I am using Mitsubishi FX3u-80mt plc.

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

sheryl
I'd use a sequencer (steps)myself.
On re-start the machine will pick up the current step/sequence and continue on.
Trick is, the step cannot be overwritten at statrt-up by any means.
Though, at some point you'd want to overwrite the current step and drive assemblies to the starting point, use a password protected screen to accomplish it.
I'm not familiar with Mitsubishi but this should work with any PLC.
I also roll my own sequencer instead of using anything build in or a drum instruction.

I'd use a sequencer (steps)myself.
On re-start the machine will pick up the current step/sequence and continue on.
Trick is, the step cannot be overwritten at statrt-up by any means.
Though, at some point you'd want to overwrite the current step and drive assemblies to the starting point, use a password protected screen to accomplish it.
I'm not familiar with Mitsubishi but this should work with any PLC.
I also roll my own sequencer instead of using anything build in or a drum instruction.

I am still new to it..How did u do it with sequencer? What you mean on that? Can I have some of your program? If possible?
Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

sheryl- Philippines

I am still new to it..How did u do it with sequencer? What you mean on that? Can I have some of your program? If possible?
Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

sheryl- Philippines
You define a step for each sequence of events.
Step 1: Outputs 1,2,3 on.
Step 2: outputs 1,2 on, output 3 off.
And so on.
I use an integer for my current step.
Once you start your process, enter a "1" into the current step, it will index your sequencer to Step 1.
Once done with the process, enter a "2" in the current step, it
will index the sequncer to Step 2.
I have done it with Allen Bradley, Siemens and Horner but it is similar for all brands.

Not sure if the Mitsubishi allows for "Stage" programming such as Automation Direct, but this is what you should be after.
Stage, Step, Sequencer programming.
Also known as "Drum" instruction".
I just prefer rolling my own as described in the previous reply.

Sir:

I am currently reading anything the Mitsubishi manual could help..Regarding the drum instruction, I found here a FNC 63 INCD Incremental drum sequencer command.. Thats quiete complicated at first glance to me. Need to dig it further. Can you help me have a sample program? I can send my email add: [email protected]

Is it okay?

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Sheryl

Sir:

I am currently reading anything the Mitsubishi manual could help..Regarding the drum instruction, I found here a FNC 63 INCD Incremental drum sequencer command.. Thats quiete complicated at first glance to me. Need to dig it further. Can you help me have a sample program? I can send my email add: [email protected]

Is it okay?

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Sheryl
Do you have the RSLogix5000 programming software?
I can send you a program.
If not, I can probably print to a PDF.
I'll strip some of the code since I'm not allowed to post the complete program.

Sir bkottaras:

I dont have RSlogix5000 programming software. I only have GX developer for mitsubishi. I think the 2nd option you offer is highly appreciated.

Email will do?

Thank you very much!
its late night here and I need to study whole night. I badly need tomorrow. Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
sheryl