OI of choice 6" Color

VJTX

I am going to use a Micrologix 1100 for a conveyor control project. I am thinking of using the 2711CT6C Panelview Component touchscreen. What is your touchscreen of choice, under $1000. Let me know your suggestions, what you like to use. I have used EZAutomation on some projects.

When possible, I always try to use the HMI from the same brand name as the PLC. This way I avoid having communication problems and sometimes the PLC software can be integrated with the HMI software making configuration and tag declarations etc. easier.

Take a look at a Redlion G306. They are rugged, reliable, programming software is free, they have a variety of communication options, and the integration with AB PLCs is a breeze.

I'm currently working on a ML1100 project and using a 7" widescreen display from IVC Displays ($629). The screen runs Windows CE and I am using a slightly modified Ethernet/IP driver that is part of AdvancedHMI. Since it is CE, I can't use the visual conponents of AdvancedHMI, so I will be doing most of it in VB code.

Since it does require knowledge of VB programmin, it is not a solution for all.

There have been a lot of complaints about the component series, so you might do more research before settling on it. The Panelview standard is a rugged (although expensive) unit with reliable programming software (also expensive). The Panelview plus has very buggy software and they are terribly slow to start up. If you have to lock out the machine and remove power from it, then plan on waiting several minutes for the PV+ to come back up to a running condition.

The Red Lion software is free, and their hardware has a much better reputation...

Depending on the I/O required, you can probably get a Horner XL6 unit (6" color touchscreen with built in PLC and I/O) for less money than a Micrologix and touchscreen...

How do you insert a numerical keypad and display in Crimson 3? I just downloaded and am playing with it.

I'm not sure about Crimson 3, but in the previous version the numeric keypad is automatic. In run mode, it pops up when you touch an object that allows you to change the value (like the 'integer text' object with data entry enabled).

I'm not sure about Crimson 3, but in the previous version the numeric keypad is automatic. In run mode, it pops up when you touch an object that allows you to change the value (like the 'integer text' object with data entry enabled).

This is correct for C3 as well. Any tag or data item on the display that has data entry enabled will automatically pop up a keypad when touched.

Jeremy

I sent a PM with my contact info if you wish to call/e-mail. I am sitting in some PowerPoints at the moment, but can leave the meeting.

Joe_WaZoo

On all machines that we build for in house needs I use AB PLCs (MicroLogix and SLC) with HMI from EZ Automation (EZ-S6C-F). EZ Software is easy to use. Very fast download.
That is my two cents.
Tom

Tom I have to agree and I think I will stick with them. I will order the EZD-T6C-SE for $599 with ethernet. I love their software, it is the easiest to use that I have ever seen. Thanks everyone for giving me your opinions.