Uploading and downloading to a PV+1000

Krazzeek

I have to write to a HMI, PV+1000, from a SLC504.
The terminal is a PV+1000 connected to the PLC via DH+.
Can someone tell me what software and how to connect to this device.

I am used to Logix 500, and Panelbuilder 32 etc, but not the newer terminals !!

Regards,

KK

Thanks for the reply jstolaruk, but the panelview doesn't have an ethernet port, so do I get to it through the DH+ on the plc?

If it's a Panelview PLUS 1000, it should have an ethernet port, USB ports, and a memory card slot. I like to use a USB "thumb" drive to transfer programs to the PV+ using its USB ports. Some of the newer high capacity drives won't work, but I have an old 256MB stick that works with everything. You just have to put the runtime file in the following path on your memory stick:

(root):\Rockwell Software\RsViewME\Runtime

Then, on the panelview plus, you copy the file to the internal storage, then load the application, then run it.

I like Okie's solution best. If your PV+ has a memory card in the slot you could copy the files onto that with a card reader. As he pointed out high density cards won't work with the terminal.

Last edited: