Crimson 3 for G308/G310?

kolyur

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Attn Red Lion folks:

Just wondering when existing G308 and G310 models will be supported by Crimson 3? I have a project that could really benefit from widgets and tag grouping, but I've already purchased the hardware. Is the plan to eventually support all G3 units including G303?

I'm hoping we won't have to run C2 forever to support "legacy" hardware. 🤞🏻

The old G308 and G310 hardware doesn't have enough memory to run C3, so I'm afraid it's going to be C2 forever on those. I know we were thinking about some sort of swap program for people who are in your situation, and perhaps a trade-in program for those wanting to upgrade even older stuff, but Jesse will have to work out the details. Email me at [email protected], and I'll talk to him and see what we can do. Re the G303, that will get supported at some point, but given its rather limited graphics capabilities, it's not high up the list.

Bummer... The only supported HMI I have is a G315 but it's in production and we are swamped now (big difference from last year!). I can't risk uploading a beta program and have it fail so haven't been able to play yet on real hardware. Oh well - release should be soon enough. Any issues with downgrading if required? Once C3 is released I can sneak in on a saturday and download my C3 app on the G315. but if it doesn't go well, I need to downgrade by Monday morning...

No problem at all. You can go back and forth as you like. The newer C3 boot loader stays in there, but that's compatible with C2 as well.