ge 90/30

com ports

thanks for the reply. will it logicmaster select the port automatically or is there a way to change it manually?

Start Logicmaster. Go into either the programming (F2) or configuration (F1) portion. Once you have selected a project folder you will be at the main menu screen wher F7 will be labeled "Setup". Pres F7 and then F4 (labeled "comset"). That's where you select which COM port to use and the rest of the port settings. Logicmaster's default settings match the PLC's so you probably don't need to change anything, especially if the settings are 19200 baud, odd parity, 1 stop bit.

If you decide to change anything, you will need to hit F6 (setup) to accept the change and then F7 if you want to save the change so that Logicmaster will always launch with your new settings.

Got it

Thank you very much. It was configured right, on com 1. I now know how to change it. I am trying to use a IBM T60 thinkpad laptop. It does not have a serial port. I am trying to use a micro innovations usb to serial adapter. I dont think this adapter is going to work. Do you know of a good adapter. Thanks again for helping.

There are USB adapters that will work with Windows based programs. I dont know of any that will work with DOS based programs. I think that the Logicmaster program is DOS based. Steve, correct me if you know if the Radio Shack adapter will work with the Logicmaster software such as the version 9.05. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom