Control Logix to IFix

brijacq

Hi all,

Using a ControlLogix (L61) to Ifix Scada (via IGS driver). Comms through a stratix 8300 26 port managed switch. The plant has been commissioned for about two weeks now and all is running smoothly.

The issue i have got is that all the tags in the PLC are UDT's and the IGS driver reads these UDT's for use in IFix.
The customer now states that all these tags to IFix should have been done in arrays. (Obviously a fair amount of rework with over 2000 tags).

Just looking for some guidance (or ammo) to go back to the customer and fight the case of not going to arrays.

In the Rockwell best programming practice it states for efficiency of comms to HMI/SCADA, UDT's OR Arrays should be used.

Thanks

Brijacq

Make sure you set the protocol mode to Physical Blocking and the IGS server will read the entire UDT fromt he device just like it would an array. The rule of thumb is that if 70% or more of your data is coming from structures then use Physical Blocking.