plc communication help

hi all
i have s7 200 siemens and i want to upload its system to my laptop knowing that ihave tried to connect using mpi cable but it giving me no access point detected im using:
1-windows 7 as operating system
2-step 7 microwin v4.0
any one can tell me what is the problem and any modification i can do to fix it??
thax

i have s7 200 siemens and i want to upload its system to my laptop knowing that ihave tried to connect using mpi cable but it giving me no access point detected
The S7-200 PLC uses PPI as communication protocol, not MPI which is used for S7-300/400. If you use an MPI cable, you have to check whether it is possible to use it for PPI communication as some older cables don't. If the cable is capable of communicating over PPI you have to set it so. Simply double click the "Set PG/PC Interface" item in the left pane of the STEP 7 MicroWIN programme and select the right cable and protocol.

Kind regards,

SetPGPCinterface.gif

thank you for the great information but what if the plc in run mode if i have pluged comm. cable is that affect plc operation(stop, restart,etc...)???????
any way thank u very much

Being plugged into com port you should be able to connect and upload the program in any mode(run,prog,term) as long as the program doesn't use FREEPORT mode then you would need to be in stop mode.

Make sure you have a PPI cable, make sure dip switch 5 is in the correct position (multi-mast/freeport) (6ES7 901-3CB30-0XA0 part# of my cable).
Set the PG/PC interface as stated by jvdcande.
Check the box for search all baud rates if you don't know it.
Then goto COMMUNICATIONS and click on "double click to refresh".