First PLC Project

mavilleda

I'd been assign to work in my first PLC program, There are six big Fans that I have to turn ON the first FAN, then 5 second late the second one and so on. I have to use only one push botton to turn ON and another push botton to turn then OFF.
Input voltage for the fanthe system is 460V, I have to use a micrologix PLC.
Would you please help me out to complete this project, I have to summit a preliminar PLC program and controls drawing this coming tuesday October 7.

After all this time here I may be learning

I took your specifications and using RSLogix500 created a viable program in about 30 minutes. I used 2 inputs, 1 for stop and 1 for start. 1 internal bit B3:0/0. 1 timer T4:0. 5 EQU instructions and 5 outputs. Used 7 rungs of code.

I was going to post it but I think I would like to see your attempt so far.

Too clever for student.
certainly the order very inportent.
It nice for play I never work like that I use to put timer between evry starter unles I have more then 10 motors and in that case I wotk with two timers one to the even numbers
and one for non even numbers.I hope I describe it well.

I found another typo... ;)
[attachment]
This should be "M3"

I agree that this is probably 'too clever' for a student, but this is a good example for him to study, then try to figure out WHY it works... 👨🏻‍🏫

beerchug

-Eric

test4typo.jpg

If he will came to the class wiht it He will have to explain how it work.We feed him with spone now he have to swallow
you right I work too fast.it should be M3

Last edited:
The only problem with the ladder that I saw was that it didnt do what you did in the first one. This version turns on the first motor then waits for timer done bit then starts motor2, then motor 3 then motor 4 then motor 5 but not with 5 second intervals as described in the request.

ArikBY, I wouldn't spend too much time determing a solution because this is undoubtedly a student question. This forum will assist students but it promotes them making an attempt then asking about specifics..ie where they have gone wrong, some may not be wrong if they try. Being good is irrelevant, its a learning process, doing and accomplishing anything viable is relevant.

I learn all the time, you have shown me a way to remove at least 1 rung of code from my previous idea. I now have 5 rungs of code, 6 if you count the rung that has END on it.

I can make it shorter but it is diffrent concept. the idea is not to make home work for them just to give pro view.with the real problem thay will deal alone.

You WILL get the delays Ron. Notice in the first rung, T0 gets reset when it times out. Therefore, the T0 contact is essentially a 1-shot, and the time delay restarts. The one-shot will turn on each successive motor at 5 second intervals (or whatever T0's preset is).

ArikBY has probably been forced to find 'clever ways' to program as those programmable relays have limited resources.

beerchug

-Eric

Clever

Yes, you do have to be clever...
I'm a die hard Omron user, but this year I developed and installed an automatic system for the garage doors of our fire department using an Omron Zen. It was the first time I programmed a Zen, and let me tell you, it can really test your skills when you can only use 3 conditions per line max. I learned to program on my own (with the help of this site, of course!), and the Zen was my first taste of being obligated to ration my resources. In any case, all's well that ends well. The doors work great, and my pants are warm when I get back from a call on a sub-zero Siberian day. Arik, listen to rsdoran... my previous boss who got me intrested in PLC's would do the same thing to me. Answer the question with a question... make them work for it. If they REALLY want it, they will ask the right questions, and your questions will provide the answers.
Logic is not only for ladders...
dt

DT

You miss the point
when I describe "clever" solution for very sipmel problem that something I want to share with you guys. the young control engineers
before 15 years when I started with PLCs computers internet was DREAM.
and the amount of pepule who have answer was very limited.
evry body who saw this tips will take them for the future.
ZEN is very difficult PLC as you said and if you know how to squeeze
him you can get nice resolt.
BTW did you saw my solution for door controling with 1 input 2 output?

test5.jpg