PowerFlex4 Fault

yaofalin

F12 HW OverCurrent(The drive output current has exceeded the hardware current limit)
Check programming. Check for excess load, improper A084 [Boost
Select] setting, DC brake volts set too high or other causes of excess current.
I follow the Manual but the inverter still display fault.
d004 [Output Voltage] is higher about 5 Volts than the other inverters in the same environment.
Who can tell me why? Thanks!

What is the rated current of the drive output and what is the rated current of your motor? Is your motor bound up? Is it wired the same as the other motors (480v vs 240v)? Is there any phase to phase shorts in the motor windings?

yao, are you saying that the drive goes to F12 fault as soon as you power up. Even without starting the motor?

If so, the drive is damaged and needs to be replaced.

With the PF4, it has been my experience with that fault that there is a short in the drive output section, or the wiring or motor. For some reason, that fault will usually occur before a phase to phase or phase to ground fault is triggered.

If the drive is configured to run on power up, then the problem is likely in the motor or wiring between the drive and motor.

Disconnect the motor leads from the drive and then power it up. If you get the fault, replace the drive. While the leads are disconnected, test the motor circuit with a megger. I expect that even if the drive has failed, that there is a fault in the wiring/motor which caused it.